The Mini8 Controller offers high performance control usually only found in Eurotherm panel mount PID controllers. It is also a very competitive and compact data acquisition device. Its modular design enables its I/O and feature set to be selected to cater for a wide range of applications from simple to complex.
Eurotherm Mini8 Loop Controller
It is an ideal partner to a PLC. Able to multi-drop on either serial, DeviceNet or Ethernet communications, it offers a cost-effective alternative to performing analog measurement or loop control in a PLC. Implementing these functions in the Mini8 controller helps reduce the cost of a PLC system, relieving it of the burden of performing analog functions, often allowing a lower specification processor to be used.
The Mini8 controller’s feature set is comparable with the Eurotherm EPC3000 programmable controllers including its high performance PID control together with a range of features such as Math, Logic, and Timing blocks. Cascade control function and the ability to use remote I/O with Eurotherm PID blocks extends the control capability.
When used in a data acquisition installation, the controller’s high-density analog I/O can be combined with the Eurotherm 6000 series paperless graphic recorder.
Eurotherm Mini 8 Controller Features
- 16 control loops
- 32 analog inputs
- Modular & compact
- Setpoint programming
- Math and logic
- Communications protocols
- Modbus RTU
- Profibus DP
- Modbus TCP
Mini8 Multi-Loop Controller Additional Benefits
- Complements your PLC
- World-class control algorithm
- Accurate analog measurement
- Flexible communication options
- Compact modular design
- Reduction in panel real estate
- Can reduce total system costs
Eurotherm Mini8 Controller Specifications
The Mini8 controller must be mounted in a protective enclosure.
- Power supply voltage: 17.8 V dc min to 28.8 V dc max.
- Supply ripple: 2 Vp-p max.
- Power consumption: 15 W max.
- Operation temperature: 0 to 55°C (32°F to 131°F)
- Storage temperature: –10 to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)
- Operating humidity: 5% to 95% RH non-condensing
- Applied voltage any terminal: 42 V pk max.
We provide engineering and product support for your application.